Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Close
You need to log in before you can reply       Login | Register now

[iOS] Landing Confirmation Needed never called

Author: Yossef 2017-8-31 17:29
4 69
Last edited by Yossef In 2017-8-31 18:26 Editor

I'm using the latest firmware and SDK with Mavic Pro.

I start landing by calling startLanding() once. However, sometimes (not always) the drone descends a little bit and stops in the air and the callback for startLanding is being called with no errors.
In this broken auto-landing process the DJIFlightControllerParamIsLandingConfirmationNeeded is never triggered. I use this key to trigger a landing confirmation.

P.S. I'm doing this indoor.

Thanks.

Replies
requestdirect0
I have seen this too, although I am flying 100% outdoors. I can usually make the aircraft land, provided the surface underneath it is smooth and level. For example, if I try to land on long grass or even a sloping surface, the drone will not complete the auto landing. It seems to override the landing confirmation to save itself in these conditions.

What I do is if the aircraft is below 5m altitude and in auto landing or landing confirm mode, I start polling the isLandingConfirmationNeeded() method in the Flight controller state callback. Then every time it returns true, I call confirmLanding. I find I need to call confirmLanding several times to make sure it actually lands. This is all a bit clunky, but it's the only way I have been able to make it work reliably.
2017-9-1 07:04
Yossef
requestdirect0 Posted at 2017-9-1 07:04
I have seen this too, although I am flying 100% outdoors. I can usually make the aircraft land, prov ...

Thanks for the answer.
Do you call startLanding only once or several times as well?
2017-9-1 16:01
edave
I am experiencing this as well. Here is a more detailed description to reproduce it. Using iOS SDK 4.2.2 on the newest Mavic firmware as of 8/25:

0) Configure the drone with landing protection OFF in Go 4, and then take off.
1) Send a land command from the SDK.
2) The Mavic will descend to about 1 meter above the ground.
3) The Mavic will stop. The flight mode changes to "joystick" in the SDK and on the RC controller. The flight controller state isLandingConfirmationNeeded will be NO.
4) Repeated land SDK calls will cause the drone to descend a very tiny amount, then stop again.
5) Pulling down on the throttle will cause the aircraft to land anyway.

This only happens over specific types of ground. I have one pavement location that will cause it 95% of the time. Sometimes I can get it to land normally. If I move to a different place, usually over grass, I can land reliably. The specific place that causes the problem for me is old pavement that has no major identifying marks, just tiny dots of dark gray everywhere.
2017-9-2 04:36
Yossef
edave Posted at 2017-9-2 04:36
I am experiencing this as well. Here is a more detailed description to reproduce it. Using iOS SDK 4 ...

Thanks edave.
I'm also sending now multiple startLanding until the confirmation key is being set. It indeed solve the landing issue.
I hope it will get solved in future SDK version because I'm not sure what's the cost of sending startLanding on every stat update.
2017-9-6 15:53
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list