Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Close
You need to log in before you can reply       Login | Register now

[Help] How to detect that a mission have uploaded, started and finished?

Author: uastechlab 2017-5-4 23:04
4 257
How do you using the ROS api to detect when a mission have been uploaded, started and finished?

We are using a Matrice 100. I thought it was the drone->waypoint_mission_push_info I had to use but that structure seems not to be updated.

I then looked at the data on the mission_event topic but I cannot understand what the data is. And the data I get does not seem to correspond to what the documentation says. For example the type I get is always 0 and that meads it is an event generated by upload.

Are there any example code anywhere for:

1. Upload a mission
2. Wait for confirmation that it was properly uploaded
3. Start the mission
4. Wait for confirmation that it was started properly
5. Get information about what waypoints are the current ones
6. Wait for the mission to finish

/Tommy Persson
Linköping University, Sweden

Replies
amitregev@yahoo
Please refer here: https://developer.dji.com/onboar ... ation-protocol.html
In general, you shoud start from uploading Waypoint Mission Settings (command 0x03, 0x10) and then procceed to uploading every waypoint by using 0x03, 0x11: Upload Waypoint Data command
2017-5-10 20:18
tompe
amitregev@yahoo Posted at 2017-5-10 20:18
Please refer here: https://developer.dji.com/onboard-sdk/documentation/introduction/ground-station-p ...

That seems to be what the corresponding calls in the ROS API do.  But what I need is some feedback so I can be sure that the mission is uploaded before I start the mission. Also when the mission is started feedback is needed to see at what part of the mission the UAV is currently executing.

Now it seems that there is an event saying that the estimated remaining time is 0. That I have now used as a signal that the mission is finished. But since there is no documentation about this I cannot be sure that this is correct.  It would also be nice to get feedback not just about that the mission is finished.
2017-5-18 06:25
ChrisJagielski
Tommy were you able to figure this out?  

I too am interested in being able to query the UAV's current status (i.e. know what part of the mission it is executing, or if done, etc.)

- Chris
2017-5-23 23:54
tompe
Last edited by tompe In 2017-6-2 22:02 Editor
ChrisJagielski Posted at 2017-5-23 23:54
Tommy were you able to figure this out?  

I too am interested in being able to query the UAV's curr ...

No, and also when you try to fly for exampe outside the maximum altitude I cannot find any way to detect that. Other than maybe that the mission events does not arrive.

What I do now is wait for drone->waypoint_upload_result.mission_valid to become 1. And then wait for drone->waypoint_upload_result.estimated_runtime to become 0. After that I consider the mission to be finished. This seems to work for correct missions but will never finish for missions that do not work.
/Tommy Persson

2017-6-2 22:01
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list