Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Close
You need to log in before you can reply       Login | Register now

[Discussion] Serial Errors in SDK3.2 / A3 Firmware 1.7

Author: axdhill 2017-4-7 01:50
1 270
Hi -

I've been attempting to get my A3 to talk over serial with an x86_64 Linux computer for about a month now, with no luck. I've tried both USB and native serial ports, both with the same issue, seen below:

Serial port = /dev/ttyUSB1
Baudrate = 38400
App ID: 1038681
App Key: 0b631a95df70651a5b8e267ecab2b722bb026fc34ecae059c15e5fc8126d307d

Does everything look correct? If not, navigate to Linux/UserConfig.txt and make changes.

STATUS init,line 51: Attempting to open device /dev/ttyUSB1 with baudrate 38400...
STATUS init,line 60: ...Serial started successfully.
STATUS validateSerialDevice,line 118: Succeeded to read from serial device
ERROR parseDroneVersionInfo,line 249: Drone version was not obtained. Please restart the program or call getDroneVersion

Attempting activation..
ERROR parseDroneVersionInfo,line 249: Drone version was not obtained. Please restart the program or call getDroneVersion
Automatic activation successful.
Failed to obtain control.
Your RC mode switch is not in mode F. (Is the RC connected and paired?)
This program will exit now.

I have the latest firmware (1.7) and am using the latest SDK (3.2). Does anyone know the proper serial configuration/flow control for communicating with the A3? The baud rates match and everything is seemingly correct. HOWEVER, when I use a serial monitor to view communications from the A3, they do not seem to be formatted as stated in the Open Protocol manual.  

Example serial output at 38400 baud for native serial port:
0xf8 0x89 0xbf 0x3b 0x0
0xf8 0xda 0xf1 0x99 0x3

Every line is prepended by 0xf8.

For the USB serial adapter, though, each line is prepended with character 0xFF. According to the open protocol every command should be prepended by 0xAA, correct? Any ideas why this would be incorrect? I've attempted changing the parity of the serial interface but with no luck (nothing changes - perhaps I have no control over the behavior of the port in the SDK).

Replies
jemoster@gmail.
Could you run the following two commands to configure the serial port baud rate and capture some data to post here?  You can Ctrl-C the second command after a collecting a few seconds of data.

sudo stty -F /dev/ttyUSB1 38400
cat < /dev/ttyUSB0 > test.dat
2017-4-12 12:17
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list