Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Close
You need to log in before you can reply       Login | Register now

[News] 2016 DJI Developer Challenge Info [IMPORTANT]

Author: DJI ft 2016-3-31 17:31
38 12786
NOTICE: In order to better facilitate communication, this post will be used to update the teams with the latest Developer Challenge information, materials, and announcements when they become available. So make sure that you are checking it often. The DJI Dev Team will also be monitoring the forum closely, so feel free to ask any questions that you may have here for the quickest response.

LATEST UPDATE POSTED ON: May 27th, 2016*

*The latest update is been highlighted in BLUE.

Official Rules V3.0

The Official Rules for the 2016 DJI Developer Challenge have been updated to V3.0 with several major modifications. You may download the latest version from the Official Challenge Site. Please read it carefully to make sure that you are aware of all the changes.

AprilTags Information

In addition to the equipment been provided by DJI, for the next stage of the DJI Developer Challenge, you will need the following materials:

1.       39x39cm 36h11 and 6x6cm 16h5April tag families that will be used for the Landing part of the mission. Please refer to the attached file for the AprilTag pattern setup on the F150.
2.       6x6cm 25h9 AprilTag family which will be used for the Search and Rescue part of the mission. As mentioned in the rules, there will be a total of 5 tags.
3.       The trim of the F150 will be a SuperCrew with 5.5’ bed.
4.       The M100 will land on a platform covering the bed of the truck which similar to the way shown in the 2016 DJI Developer Introduction Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kXoUsqzzMU)
5.       The red AprilTag in the top-view sketch is placed in the center of the platform both horizontally and vertically.
6.       The Ford API Library and Emulator are now available, and include:
         -         iOS/Android Library
         -         iOS/Android Sample Code
         -         Executable Testing Server

Please kindly find the updated version of “AprilTags pattern setup for F150” sketch (top-view & side-view) in the attachment, with respect to their dimensions and the placement of the truck.

Ford API Libraries and Emulator *

2.       BaiduYun: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eSDEJrO

* We have sent an email to the teams whomade it into the second round with the Password for the files included. If youhave not received the email, please contact dev.challenge@dji.com.

As a reminder, the 2nd round materials requested in the official rules are the minimum requirements; because of the exceptional qualityof the 25 qualified teams this year, the more material you provide to demonstrate your team’s capability, the higher your chances of impressing the judges with your development and technical process.

Manifold Related Material

Teams can find all Manifold related information from the following two places,
1.       Direct download links (see attachment)
2.       The Manifold section in the Developer Forum

Spare Parts Support

For the extra hardware, DJI Dev Team will support up to ONE full set of frame arms including M1, M2, M3 and M4 and TWO sets of 1345sQuick Release Props if your team’s developer platform got damaged.

Besides all the items listed above, you could buy the other parts of developer platform using the DJI Educational Developer Discount.

Please send us your DJI account (sign-up email on DJI.COM). We will add it into our discount list so that you can get the coupon codes for SDK products by the following steps:
1.       Register as a DJI developer with the same email.
2.       Complete the verification by clicking the link been sent to your email address. The coupon codes will then be sent to you by email.   
3.       Go to the DJI home page, find the product page of Matrice 100 / Guidance / Accessories and click “Buy Now”.
4.       Follow these steps to complete the purchase: “Delivery Details” => “Payment Details” => “Order Summary” => “Use a Coupon Code”

For all spare parts related inquiries, please contact dev.challenge@dji.com.

Questionnaire

As you push ahead into the next phase of the competition,we wouldlike to know a little more about you. Thus, in the email that been sentout tothe 25 qualified teams, we also included a questionnaire for you to fillout. Incase if you have not received the email, we would really appreciate ifyoucould take a few minutes to email dev.challenge@dji.com with your answers to the five questionsbelow. Your answers will be used toensure an enjoyable experience throughoutthis competition and help us betterunderstand your team.

1.       How did your team cometogetherand decide to enter the DJI Developer Challenge?
2.       What do you see as themostinteresting aspect of developing a successful solution to the challenge?
3.       Does your team havepriorexperience working with drones, automotive platforms or disaster relief?
4.       What do you hope toaccomplishby competing in this challenge?
5.       Why do you think your teamhasa greater chance to win and what edge does your team have over the otherstowin the competition?  

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer thesequestionsduring what is surely a very busy time for your teams.

We look forward to receiving your exciting progressreport andvideo. Happy Developing! ☺

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view, Not have an account?Register now

x
Replies
dries
Hello,

I dont know if this is the right place to put this question, but i think so

We received our Matrice for the DJI challenge and I upgraded the firmware of both controller as Matrice and I did a first testflight and everything was OK. A few hours later, the DJI GO app on my android sayed there was new firmware for the remote and I started it to download and upgrade. And I think something went wrong with the upgrade because now the led on the remote is cyan and there is no connection with the matrice. I tried to upgrade the firmware with the DJI Assistent but no succes. On my phone it says latest firmware. I tried a reset (C1 + C2 + record + iso and startup) but led stays cyan and when I try to upgrade it fails and i have the message "Ensure RC is connected with your mobile device and the RC power is more than 50%. Upgrade requires approx 10 minutes. DO NOT turn off the RC during upgrade".

Is there something else i can try to get it back working ?

RC: gl658c
current firmware version (in android) 1.6.0
in DJI assistent : v1.5.80
2016-4-8 17:51
Teamhku
dries Posted at 2016-4-8 17:51
Hello,

I dont know if this is the right place to put this question, but i think so  

If you haven't already, try relinking your RC to your Matrice.  In this firmware upgrade it disconnected them for us and we had to relink them.
2016-4-8 19:13
dries
Last edited by dries In 2016-4-8 19:34 Editor
Teamhku Posted at 2016-4-8 19:13
If you haven't already, try relinking your RC to your Matrice.  In this firmware upgrade it discon ...

I have tried this but no luck. But if the remote isn't linked I think the led is just red on the remote no ? In my case it is sky blue (cyan).
2016-4-8 19:31
peit
We also have some troubles when update the firmware.
1.After update the firmware in the Matrice 100, turn on the M100, and the LED in the drone only twinkle once,but doesn't twinkle anymore. The LED in the remote is cyan, but the DJI GO can't display the information about the drone, and display the roll of X3 camera have reached maximum. Fortunately or not, the M100 can run as normal, sometimes, but it break down after a while.
2. Does we need to copy bin file into memory card to update the the X3 camera,after using DJI Assistant to update the firmware?  We can't successfully use bin file to update the X3 camera.
3.When using DJI Assistant to update the M100, is the battery also  updated?
2016-4-8 20:25
dries
Last edited by dries In 2016-4-10 18:18 Editor

Oke so my remote led was light blue all the time, upgrading did not work, always failed at 0%.

And this is how I got it back to work.

Press C1,C2,record,ISO at the same time, while doing this start the remote (keep 4 buttons pressed till i say :p) start DJI GO app with a free finger. Press no signal, press update. At this point I released the 4 buttons. And the remote started to upgrade.

I hope this is helpfull for others with the same problem.
2016-4-10 17:58
DJI SDK Support
dries Posted at 2016-4-10 17:58
Oke so my remote led was light blue all the time, upgrading did not work, always failed at 0%.

And  ...

Your situation is when you upgrade your remote controller, the upgrading process is failed. So the remote control comes into the cyan color status. For this method, you could turn on the remote controller with pressing the C1, C2, record, ISO and open button. Five button pressing together, then connect your RC to the mobile device and click the upgrade firmware in the DJI GO.

Best Regards.
Alex
2016-4-11 15:29
DJI SDK Support
peit Posted at 2016-4-8 20:25
We also have some troubles when update the firmware.
1.After update the firmware in the Matrice 100 ...

1. You would need to upgrade the firmware again. Because the remote controller in cyan status means that the upgrade failed.
2. You would need to upgrade the Zenmuse X3 firmware again because the DJI Assistant would not be able upgrade the camera firmware for you. Please make sure to use the latest Firmware Update Package (Zenmuse X3) v.1.2.0.90 which was released on April 7th.
3. Yes, the battery will also be upgraded if you use the DJI Assistant to upgrade the M100.
2016-4-11 16:42
Kevin8
I emailed a request for the coupon code. Still no response. Did anyone else get theirs?
2016-4-13 19:07
dries
Kevin8 Posted at 2016-4-13 19:07
I emailed a request for the coupon code. Still no response. Did anyone else get theirs?

Yes I got one.
2016-4-13 23:32
Kevin8

That's good to hear. I will just hold my breath for now!
2016-4-14 00:01
sddan1
With regards to the Guidance system, I am unable to run the example usb code in windows. Compiling it in Visual Studio yields an error "unable to locate source file opencv_core246d.lib." Anyone else have this issue?
2016-4-14 07:29
DJI-Inguz

Hi Kevin, your request email has been replied on Wednesday.If you havn't received it, I can ask to forward the email to you again.
Could you please provide another email address for receving?
2016-4-15 10:27
Teamhku
Clarification question:

When giving the dimensions of the Apriltags to be used,  is this dimension the size of the outer black rectangle, or does it include the 1 pixel white border of the tag?

Thanks!
2016-4-15 11:54
DJI-Inguz
Teamhku Posted at 2016-4-15 11:54
Clarification question:

When giving the dimensions of the Apriltags to be used,  is this dimension  ...

It's the dimension the size of the outer black rectangle, and the Apriltags will have their blank margin.
2016-4-15 18:07
DJI SDK Support
sddan1 Posted at 2016-4-14 07:29
With regards to the Guidance system, I am unable to run the example usb code in windows. Compiling i ...

You need to take a look at the link: https://github.com/dji-sdk/Guida ... veloperGuide_en.md. And take a look at the configuration for the opencv especially. Hope that could help.
2016-4-15 18:10
Teamhku
DJI-Inguz Posted at 2016-4-15 18:07
It's the dimension the size of the outer black rectangle, and the Apriltags will have their blank  ...

Thank you!
2016-4-15 23:20
dries
May be also interesting for other teams, we mounted a little fan towards the camera because it gets really hot when not flying.

2016-4-16 16:46
Kevin8
dries Posted at 2016-4-16 16:46
May be also interesting for other teams, we mounted a little fan towards the camera because it gets  ...

Great hardware upgrade!

I hope everyone noticed the FIrm ware upgrades released.
When we upgraded on the remote, it caused the RC not to link.
We are flying again but, be mindful today!
2016-4-18 21:48
Kevin8
DJI-Inguz Posted at 2016-4-15 10:27
Hi Kevin, your request email has been replied on Wednesday.If you havn't received it, I can ask to  ...

Yes! I finally got the email this morning!
It was sent to my SPAM folder.
thank you for taking care of it!

KP
2016-4-18 21:49
miguelolivaresm
Last edited by miguelolivaresmendez In 2016-4-27 17:50 Editor

Hi all,
we have some problem with the compass. We can not get any information from the rostopic /dji_sdk/compass.
any ideas?

We already post it in the github of the onboard sdk, but it is still not solved:
https://github.com/dji-sdk/Onboard-SDK-ROS/issues/19

many thanks in advanced

2016-4-27 17:02
maxsmo2334
When on May 3 are the 2nd round submissions due?  11:59PM Pacific? Eastern? GMT?
2016-5-3 10:01
DJI-Inguz
maxsmo2334 Posted at 2016-5-3 10:01
When on May 3 are the 2nd round submissions due?  11:59PM Pacific? Eastern? GMT?

All the time mentioned in the 2016 DJI Developer Challenge Official Rules or DJI Developer Challenge website (https://developer.dji.com/en/challenge2016/) are using Pacific Standard Time.  So the deadline for the 2nd round submission will be May 3, 23:59:59, PST.
2016-5-3 11:12
tjsam2
Hello,

I was trying to save the link to the YouTube video on the submission page by pressing the save button. When I close the tab and reopen the submission page, the link does not appear to be saved. Could anybody let me know if they are having similar problems?

Note: I tried saving just the video without uploading the report. Could that be the problem?

Thank you.
2016-5-3 15:14
DJI-Inguz
tjsam2 Posted at 2016-5-3 15:14
Hello,

I was trying to save the link to the YouTube video on the submission page by pressing the sa ...

Which team are you in?
2016-5-4 12:01
billrock_us.yah
My team is Flying Robots LLC.  My email address has been registered as a developer for more than a year.  If I attempt to get the coupon codes for spare parts I am given the INCORRECT coupon.  The coupon that I get is for a 40% Educational Discount, not the coupon code for spare props.  

Please advise.  I have been trying to get the correct code for more than a week.
2016-5-6 21:34
DJI-Inguz
billrock_us.yah Posted at 2016-5-6 21:34
My team is Flying Robots LLC.  My email address has been registered as a developer for more than a y ...

I think the misunderstanding has been solved.
I would like to take this opportunity to explain the policy for equipment replacement in the official rules more clearly.

Equipment Replacement Policy
1.     DJI development kits and the corresponding accessories will be supplied to the teams depending on the qualifying round.
2.     Up to one full set of DJI the development kit (M100 + Manifold + Guidance + X3) will be available to the teams for replacement of parts broken during development. Up to 2 sets of additional replacement propellers and propeller arms will also be available.
3.     Additional replacements will be available to teams at discounted prices.

Firstly, if your team have come across a crash and accidentally broken the drone, DJI Dev Team will offer you the non-functional parts, even a whole developer platform to you for free which depends on the damage degree of the equipment. Please email us, list the parts damaged and send us photos for demonstration.
And if you have use up all the replacements we can offer you for free and want more, please use the coupon code we send you named "DJI EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPER DISCOUNT" at which is 40% discount for the developer platform and its related parts. And buy them yourself.

2016-5-10 21:21
maxsmo2334
How will the GPS coordinates of the search area be provided? 4 corners? Will we be able to use our mobile app to load those in during the competition? Can our mobile app have other items and functions implemented in addition to the required Abort Mission, Start Mission, and Abort Landing? Examples would be to facilitate the input of various initial conditions prior to the beginning of the mission, mission status (battery left, gps, RC signal, etc), and settings for the Ford Applink connection.  I realize that the mobile app will need to be in receive mode only during the automated portion of the mission, until one of the buttons are clicked to end the mission.
2016-5-27 12:58
DJI-Inguz
maxsmo2334 Posted at 2016-5-27 12:58
How will the GPS coordinates of the search area be provided? 4 corners? Will we be able to use our m ...

The GPS coordinates will be provided when the final 10 teams are announced to enter the final competition. You can input them in your APP in advance.
It's allowed to have other items and functions like you said in the app interface. However, it need to be separated with the one with 3 main mission command buttons. Once you are ready and get in the F150, the interface should change to the one we required.
2016-6-2 12:14
maxsmo2334
DJI-Inguz Posted at 2016-6-2 12:14
The GPS coordinates will be provided when the final 10 teams are announced to enter the final compe ...

Great! Thanks!
2016-6-2 22:04
darius4
Dear Sirs,

I would like to join your 2nd DJI Developer Challenge.
As a developer and Drone Crash Investigator I need to study DJI blackbox data in case of any failure, accident or crash.

Old DJI blackbox data utility is down, a new on-line DJI blackbox analysis service is provided but by a third party.
Could you kindly refer me to  DJI blackbox utility download site ?
best regards,
Darius
Open Technology Park
Drone Crash Investigators
DJI developer
2016-6-30 19:37
DJI-Inguz

2016 DJI Developer Challenge is the 3rd challenge ever. Welcome to join next year!

DJI flight control data is officially nondisclosure, please use  DJI SDK under the <Terms and Conditions> in DJI Developer website.

Thanks!
2016-7-11 19:01
danhennage
Last edited by danhennage In 2016-7-19 01:06 Editor

Hello, Is there a date when the final competition location and rules will be published?
2016-7-19 00:59
steven.krukowsk
Some additional questions about final competition logistics:
1. Can the travel reimbursement be applied to more than 2 people as long as the total travel cost of all team members is under the total allotted 2x$1600?
2. Will the competition be held on both full days? Should teams book accommodations for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights? Is the reimbursement per person, per night?
3. Is there an area for spectators at the competition? Will it be open to the public?
2016-7-23 03:17
sumant
In what form are you planning on sharing the GPS coordinates of the truck's path? For example, is it 100 equally spaced coordinates along the path or is it 4 points of a bounding box? Also, is the direction of the motion of the truck consistent with the image in "the setup" section of the rules (V5). Thanks!
2016-8-13 11:12
KAIST_URL
To Other teams or DJI-Inguz

Hi, I have been developing an Android app. to send the commands. How you guys made the communication system between the App and Matrice100? via Wi-Fi(TCP/IP)? or other ways?
All the  Wi-Fi network will be in the same local  network at the whole airport area?

Thanks
2016-8-21 17:55
gpol
Last edited by gpol In 2016-8-24 10:26 Editor

Hi,

It is rather simple if you use the data transparent link in the lastest SDK. There is a method called sendDataToOnboardSDK() [1]. It is very simple to use. I recommend using protobuf for serializing the information between the onboard SDK and the mobile SDK. It prevents you from making your own weak protocol. Also, you can't send more than 100 bytes at the time with this function (40 bytes per 14ms BIG MAX).

Best of luck

[1] http://download.dji-innovations. ... ction_v1.0.0_en.pdf
2016-8-24 10:23
dzazad
Last edited by dzazad In 2017-8-30 23:05 Editor

google.com
2017-8-30 23:03
aliyaverma4you
Last edited by aliyaverma4you In 2017-9-21 17:30 Editor

we have high profile service in noida/NCR in 3*4*5* hotels. our girls will give you 100% satisfaction and a unforgettable experience with high profile models. All independent girls in noida are professional model and we have the luxurious room with comfort. Incall and outcall facility 24 hours available in Noida call girls delhi call girls, delhi call girls.

http://www.escortsnoida.com
http://www.vipnoidaescorts.com
http://www.a1noidaescorts.com

noida escorts agency
noida escorts service
independent noida escorts
2017-9-21 17:26
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list