Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Close
You need to log in before you can reply       Login | Register now

[Help] M100 Guidance and DJI SDK In general

Author: multirotorcraft 2016-3-24 05:01
4 4081
Last edited by multirotorcraft In 2016-3-26 22:19 Editor

Although I have owned a M100 for some time Ive not had a chance to start using any of the DJI SDK's. Im by no means a programmer but was hoping to find video tutorials and basic guides. But after a good few months now it would seem that not to much has popped up on the internet.

So I know what I want to do but I'm not to sure how to go about it.

My first project relates to guidance. I would like to fly a route through a structure and map out the internal walls and supporting structures etc. I've seen the promotional video where it shows the Guidance system plotting its way through a room and I believe it also takes B&w images at the same time.

But im at a loss. I know that an on-board computer will be required and as I have a RASPERRY Pi I thought that this could be used to store the sonar and image data.

The plan is to form a basic model of the room.

I anyone can help me even get started I would be very grateful.

On a side note It appears that a lot of the posts on the development forum do not relate to development. And that a lake of regular posts seems to suggest that not a lot is going on. I may well be mistaken or Im on the wrong site lol.

DJI can you help.

Replies
multirotorcraft
Is this site monitored by DJI? It would seem that they have no real interest in the Matrice and those whom have invested in it.
2016-3-26 19:10
jleedixonSAIC
multirotorcraft Posted at 2016-3-26 19:10
Is this site monitored by DJI? It would seem that they have no real interest in the Matrice and thos ...

I'm sure it is monitored, but I'm not sure anyone can offer easy help.  They discuss how to use each of the SDK's in language programmer's understand.  To do what you're talking about definitely will require some serious programming skills.  Without those skills, you'd have to wait until someone implements your idea.
2016-4-14 01:25
DosBobs
Hello,

You are correct in that you will need a computer to serve as the "brains" of your system.

What you are looking to do is typically called SLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping).  

Here is a Youtube video demonstrating the concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quqF5_ZE_fI
In this video they are using LIDAR, which is a laser-based distance measurement tool.

Here is a paper using sonar to do SLAM with a Raspberry PI and a quadrotor:  
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/files/ ... ports/csse13-03.pdf

DJI is currently running their Developer Challenge with more than 2 dozen teams working on the Matrice 100 with the Guidance.  Part of the competition will require teams to do obstacle avoidance and mapping, so you may see a great deal more development in this area in the upcoming months.

Cheers.

2016-4-15 10:40
paross76
multirotorcraft Posted at 2016-3-26 19:10
Is this site monitored by DJI? It would seem that they have no real interest in the Matrice and thos ...

I couldn't agree more. I have the programming skills but it's still a minefield. There's little actual useful information out there on their OnBoard-SDK and it's impossible to get an answer to any of my questions. At point the M100 is offering me little over a custom built quad. The manifold system still hasn't been released to the general public yet a lot of developers seem to have it which confuses me.
2016-5-2 03:01
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list