Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Close
You need to log in before you can reply       Login | Register now

[Discussion] Guidance Connection to N1 and USB to another computer

Author: clearskiesph 2016-1-4 02:06
5 4473
Hi,

Happy New Year.

Is it possible to hook up the guidance (via UART) to N1 and then hook it up at the same time to our own onboard computer (via usb)? If so, will the guidance still stop automatically the aircraft once it detects obstacles via N1?

Thanks in advance.
Replies
DJI-Sinsasion
Happy New Year too!
It's supported to use Guidance SDK when Guidance is connected to N1 with obstacle sensing enabled. Only that you can't subscribe depth data at the same time.  But it's by CAN bus instead of UART. We have't tested using UART and USB at the same time.
2016-1-5 16:54
clearskiesph
DJI-Sinsasion Posted at 2016-1-5 16:54
Happy New Year too!
It's supported to use Guidance SDK when Guidance is connected to N1 with obstacl ...

Hi, tried connecting to guidance via usb (on board computer) and M100 via can bus. On the DJI Go it recognizes the presence of guidance but once you are airborne, it gives me a warning that obstacle avoidance is off......

Is it possible to connect the guidance to m100 via the uart cable?
2016-1-17 01:01
DJI-Sinsasion
clearskiesph Posted at 2016-1-17 01:01
Hi, tried connecting to guidance via usb (on board computer) and M100 via can bus. On the DJI Go i ...

You can turn on obstacle avoidance on Guidance Assistant software. Also remember to check if your Guidance's firmware is up to date. It's not possible to connect Guidance to M100 via uart cable.
2016-1-21 17:19
KopterKraft
DJI-Sinsasion Posted at 2016-1-5 16:54
Happy New Year too!
It's supported to use Guidance SDK when Guidance is connected to N1 with obstacl ...

Getting the depth image during activated obstacle avoidance is exactly what I need. Is there a reason why you can't subscribe for the depth image in that case?
2016-2-17 15:53
clearskiesph
DJI-Sinsasion Posted at 2016-1-21 17:19
You can turn on obstacle avoidance on Guidance Assistant software. Also remember to check if your  ...

Hi,

Quick question, I'm only getting 8000 as return value from Guidance on my own onboard computer and app. The guidance is connected to M100 and my own onboard computer.

Here is my basic code on vs.net 2015 c++

Thanks in advance for the help.

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view, Not have an account?Register now

x
2016-4-7 03:10
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list