NOTICE: In order to better facilitate communication, this post will be used to update the teams with the latest Developer Challenge information, materials, and announcements when they become available. So make sure that you are checking it often. The DJI Dev Team will also be monitoring the forum closely, so feel free to ask any questions that you may have here for the quickest response.
*The latest update is been highlighted in BLUE.
Official Rules V3.0
The Official Rules for the 2016 DJI Developer Challenge have been updated to V3.0 with several major modifications. You may download the latest version from the Official Challenge Site. Please read it carefully to make sure that you are aware of all the changes.
In addition to the equipment been provided by DJI, for the next stage of the DJI Developer Challenge, you will need the following materials:
1. 39x39cm 36h11 and 6x6cm 16h5April tag families that will be used for the Landing part of the mission. Please refer to the attached file for the AprilTag pattern setup on the F150.
2. 6x6cm 25h9 AprilTag family which will be used for the Search and Rescue part of the mission. As mentioned in the rules, there will be a total of 5 tags.
3. The trim of the F150 will be a SuperCrew with 5.5’ bed.
4. The M100 will land on a platform covering the bed of the truck which similar to the way shown in the 2016 DJI Developer Introduction Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kXoUsqzzMU)
5. The red AprilTag in the top-view sketch is placed in the center of the platform both horizontally and vertically.
6. The Ford API Library and Emulator are now available, and include:
- iOS/Android Library
- iOS/Android Sample Code
- Executable Testing Server
Please kindly find the updated version of “AprilTags pattern setup for F150” sketch (top-view & side-view) in the attachment, with respect to their dimensions and the placement of the truck.
Ford API Libraries and Emulator *
1. Google Drive: http://bit.ly/Ford_AppLink_For_DJI_Challenge_v1
2. BaiduYun: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eSDEJrO
* We have sent an email to the teams whomade it into the second round with the Password for the files included. If youhave not received the email, please contact email@example.com.
As a reminder, the 2nd round materials requested in the official rules are the minimum requirements; because of the exceptional qualityof the 25 qualified teams this year, the more material you provide to demonstrate your team’s capability, the higher your chances of impressing the judges with your development and technical process.
Manifold Related Material
Teams can find all Manifold related information from the following two places,
1. Direct download links (see attachment)
2. The Manifold section in the Developer Forum
Spare Parts Support
For the extra hardware, DJI Dev Team will support up to ONE full set of frame arms including M1, M2, M3 and M4 and TWO sets of 1345sQuick Release Props if your team’s developer platform got damaged.
Besides all the items listed above, you could buy the other parts of developer platform using the DJI Educational Developer Discount.
Please send us your DJI account (sign-up email on DJI.COM). We will add it into our discount list so that you can get the coupon codes for SDK products by the following steps:
1. Register as a DJI developer with the same email.
2. Complete the verification by clicking the link been sent to your email address. The coupon codes will then be sent to you by email.
3. Go to the DJI home page, find the product page of Matrice 100 / Guidance / Accessories and click “Buy Now”.
4. Follow these steps to complete the purchase: “Delivery Details” => “Payment Details” => “Order Summary” => “Use a Coupon Code”
For all spare parts related inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you push ahead into the next phase of the competition,we wouldlike to know a little more about you. Thus, in the email that been sentout tothe 25 qualified teams, we also included a questionnaire for you to fillout. Incase if you have not received the email, we would really appreciate ifyoucould take a few minutes to email email@example.com with your answers to the five questionsbelow. Your answers will be used toensure an enjoyable experience throughoutthis competition and help us betterunderstand your team.
1. How did your team cometogetherand decide to enter the DJI Developer Challenge?
2. What do you see as themostinteresting aspect of developing a successful solution to the challenge?
3. Does your team havepriorexperience working with drones, automotive platforms or disaster relief?
4. What do you hope toaccomplishby competing in this challenge?
5. Why do you think your teamhasa greater chance to win and what edge does your team have over the otherstowin the competition?
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer thesequestionsduring what is surely a very busy time for your teams.
We look forward to receiving your exciting progressreport andvideo. Happy Developing! ☺