Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Close
You need to log in before you can reply       Login | Register now

[Help!] Invalid SD card

Author: cmack66 2015-6-12 08:33
5 2805
Tried flying today and now no matter what sd card I put in to my Phantom 3 advanced it says that is invalid. I try to format on my computer and in the Phantom and no card will work. Any recommendations?
Replies
gregg1r
Make sure you are formatting in FAT32 or exFAT.

Also make sure the card is all the way in.

Oh,one more thing, is the card 64GBor smaller?
2015-6-12 08:36
cmack66
I have tried both formats with multiple cards less than 64gb. Chatted with DJI Suppprt who indicated it is probably a bad gimble. The gimble just flashes a steady red. Not happy
2015-6-12 10:01
gregg1r
I don't know if it's possible, but are you sure the card is being inserted in the correct orientation? Does the card lock into place without issues? The landing gear leg on mine is rather close making inserting and removal a little difficult. Try pushing the card into place with something like a popsicle stick.
2015-6-12 10:08
cmack66
gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-12 10:08
I don't know if it's possible, but are you sure the card is being inserted in the correct orientatio ...

It is definitely seating properly and in the correct orientation. I just looked at the return policy of the retailer I purchased from and since I am still within it I may return to them rather than going through the repair process.
Thanks Gregg
2015-6-12 11:07
Damage01
Having same problem with a 32GB card.

Originally it continually came up - invalid SD card.

Managed to format it in the Phantom then it saw it OK.

Next time I switched on - Invalid SD card

Yet the card reads OK in the PC and on the iPad...

Return to vendor?
2015-7-14 06:31
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list